"It's the little things in life which make it magical..."

Monday 5 November 2012

I Don't Do Mornings



This is for those of us who don't do Monday's, or mornings for that matter.

This is a watercolour and ink illustration I made upon setting out to try my own version of the gorgeous piece by Ewa Ludwiczak. I discovered her illustrations by chance, when conducting a random image search (for fairy-inspiration of course!). I'm so glad I did, as she is one of my favourite artist's! Ewa's work is so beautifully exquisite, and I admire her skill for intricate details, bold use of colour and cute imaginative characters :) See Ewa's website and facebook page, for many more amazing illustrations...

Illustration © 2011  Ewa Ludwiczak


Replicating works you love by other artists' is a great way to experiment with new skills and techniques  which are not a part of your repertoire! And because art is so one-of-a-kind, it's almost impossible to do an exact copy, as your own style reveals itself in all you do :)

Happy Illustrating :D



No comments:

Post a Comment